From Vinegar Syndrome!
Director: Kevin Tenney
Writers: David Henry Keller, John Woodward, Darryl Wimberley
Starring: Patrick Kilpatrick, Chris Miller, Suzanne Savoy
The Cashen family has just relocated from the city to a farmhouse in the middle of nowhere in Texas. Upon arrival at their new home, Willy, their young son, explores the area, befriending a Native American shaman who warns him of the powerful forces and apparent curse on their land. Meanwhile, at home, Willy senses that there’s something unusual about the cellar of their home; specifically that something strange might be living down there…and unfortunately for the Cashens, it’s very hungry…
An unfortunately troubled production, with director Kevin Tenney (Night of the Demons, Witchtrap) called in early on to take over directing duties, THE CELLAR is a stylish monster film playing into the folk horror of the American southwest. Starring Patrick Kilpatrick (Minority Report), Academy Award nominee, Chris Miller (Puss In Boots), Suzanne Savoy (The Upside), and veteran character actor Don Collier (Tombstone), Vinegar Syndrome presents THE CELLAR newly restored in 2K and on Blu-ray for the first time, offered in both its commonly seen theatrical cut as well as its never before seen, and vastly superior, original director’s cut.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 2K RESTORATION FROM THE ORIGINAL CAMERA NEGATIVE AND THE DIRECTOR’S PERSONAL 35MM LAB PRINT
- Includes two versions of the film: the theatrical cut and the unseen director’s cut
- Group commentary on both versions with: Kevin Tenney (director), Suzanne Savoy (actress), and Patrick Kilpatrick (actor)
- Introduction by the director
- “From Chicken Shit to Chicken Salad, Unearthing the Lost Cellar” – a brand new extended making-of documentary featuring interviews with the cast and crew
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles