Another Kung Fu vehicle from the infamous Shaw Brothers Studio, Disciples of Shaolin AKA Hong quan xiao zi, delivers a typically power-packed Hong Kong tale of enemy gangs and super cool fight scenes. When Shaolin disciple Kuan Fung Yi (Sheng Fu) takes a job at a textile factory he soon becomes embroiled in a bitter and violent clash with the rival Manchu clan who run a neighbouring mill.
As well delivering some impressive martial arts set pieces, Disciples of Shaolin also provides a political punch, underlining the abuse of workers and the corruption of cruel bosses. Fast, fierce and thought provoking, this is a must for collectors of extreme Asian cinema.
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEWLY REMASTERED
- Audio Commentary with Film journalist and Author Samm Deighan
- Audio Commentary with Asian cinema experts Mike Leeder and Arne Venema
- Jamie Luk at Shaw Brothers – Interview with Actor / Director Jamie Luk
- Original Trailer
English LPCM Mono
Mandarin LPCM Mono 2.0
Newly Translated English Subtitles
- Reversible sleeve with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien & Original Hong Kong poster artwork
- LIMITED EDITION Slipcase with brand-new artwork from R.P. “Kung Fu Bob” O’Brien
- Double-Sided A3 Foldout Poster
- Extensive Booklet Notes ‘The Visceral Martial Arts Cinema of Chang Cheh’ by Matthew Edwards, ‘International Bright Young Thing A look back on The Disciples of Shaolin and its charismatic star Alexander Fu Sheng’ by Andrew Graves and An article By Kung Fu Bob!
- REGION A/B “LOCKED”