From Arrow Video
A host of familiar genre faces including Hal Holbrook (Creepshow), Rutanya Alda (Amityville II: The Possession), Julia Montgomery (The Kindred) and Lauren-Marie Taylor (Friday the 13th Part 2) rounds out the cast of this gloriously mean-spirited slice from the slasher golden age, Girls Nite Out!
The students of DeWitt University are preparing themselves for a night of fun and frolics in the form of an all-night scavenger hunt. Little do they know that they are in fact the ones being hunted… An unhinged assailant, disguised in the college’s goofy bear mascot outfit – and bearing knives for claws, two years before Freddy donned his famous gloves – is stalking the campus hellbent on carving up co-eds.
Originally released under the only marginally more appropriate title of The Scaremaker, Girls Nite Out is a decidedly singular slasher flick which comes on like a frenetic cross between Animal House and Friday the 13th – veering from jovial frat antics to jarringly disturbing scenes of the killer shrieking obscenities as he slices up his victims. On this nite out, no one is coming home!
Special Features and Technical Specs:
- NEW 2K RESTORATION from 35mm vault elements
- Original uncompressed mono audio
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new audio commentary with genre film critic/author Justin Kerswell and film historian/author Amanda Reyes
- Staying Alive – a brand new video interview with actress Julia Montgomery
- A Savage Mauling – a brand new video interview with actress Laura Summer
- Alone in the Dark – a brand new video interview with actress Lois Robbins
- It Was a Party! – a brand new video interview with actor Paul Christie
- Love & Death – a brand new video interview with actors Lauren-Marie Taylor and John Didrichsen
- Archival video interview with actress Julia Montgomery
- Archival audio interview with actress Rutanya Alda
- The Scaremaker Alternate Title Card
- Original Trailers
- Reversible sleeve featuring original artwork and newly-commissioned artwork by Justin Osbourn
- First pressing only: Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Michael Gingold